Cork County & Family Visits
After Day 6, the 50th anniversary guided tour hosted by Dermott ended and the 14 of us split up to continue our vacations in different directions. Ann, Devanjn, the kids and I stayed with Mom and Dad to visit with relatives in West Cork for Days 7 through 14. We had a fabulous time learning more about Cork, touring West Cork, and spending as much time as possible with family.
Here are some of the highlights:
- We enjoyed a Cork City Hop-On, Hop-Off Bus Tour
- The kids enjoyed Fitzgerald Park in downtown Cork City
- We toured Breakthrough Cancer Research Centre, which was founded by Mom’s cousin, Professor Gerry O’Sullivan
- Fota Wildlife Park in Cork City – Giraffes, Rhinos, & Penguins, Oh My!
- We visited the McSweeney family in Drimoleague
- Arjun made a new best friend in Jake, the adorable bordier collie at Coomanore
- We visited the memorial Air India Flight 182 which crashed in Irish air space in 1985
- We visited St. Finbarr’s Oratory, Gougane Barra Church, County Cork
- We had a great meal with family at the Haymarket Hotel in Cork City